Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I am a visual artist based in Ireland. I live in rural north west Ireland, 20 miles from the coast of the Atlantic at Sligo Bay. I lecture in the Fine Art Department at the Dublin Institute of Technology ( D.I.T) during the week traveling back and forth every three days. My studio is located at the Leitrim Sculpture Centre in Manorhamilton, Co Leitrim, an artist led initiative that has been developed over 17 or so years and is supported by the Arts Council of Ireland. www.leitrimsculpturecentre.ie.

I have shown my work internationally since the early 1990's, participating in symposia, artist organised events and artist curated shows. I have a website that is in dire need of updating but gives a whistle stop tour of selected projects, updates will be forthcoming very soon! ( Easter holidays are near!) www.annamacleod.com.

My interest in the Hardrock Revision project stems from my interest in landscape and the (mis)uses of the resources of the land. I understand landscape as a cultural construction and have a keen interest in post-colonial readings of land. I am very interested in collaboration and have some ideas for interventions at the Ute Ule mine site.


No comments:

Post a Comment